Why A Lesbian Couple Would Choose Surrogacy
Nobody, heterosexual or gay, is immune to infertility and the many possible complications conceiving. There is a huge misconception that a lesbian couple would not need a surrogate because they have two uteruses between them. While, yes, it does potentially decrease the odds, the reasons for needing a surrogate still remain the same.
"Nobody, heterosexual or gay, is immune to infertility and the many possible complications conceiving."
5 reasons a lesbian couple would choose surrogacy:
- Age Some women decide to postpone having children due to careers, personal or financial reasons. When they are ready to have children, they may not be able to carry the child(ren) themselves.
- Infertility Approximately half of all diagnosed cases of infertility are attributable to the woman, leaving some women unable to get pregnant or carry a baby.
- Medication Some medications that a person may need to take daily for their well-being are not conducive to pregnancy, thus recommended to not get pregnant or continue the drug while pregnant, thus creating other complications.
- Born without a uterus or have had to have a hysterectomy
- Other life threatening or medical situations affecting pregnancy, and a doctor has advised them to use a surrogate.
We know and understand that no one comes to surrogacy as their first choice. Most times it is a tough journey and a very hard decision to use a surrogate. No matter what your reason for needing a surrogate, Colorado Surrogacy is ready to help you with this process, treating you with understanding and compassion along the way.